just the Winners – San Francisco World Spirits Competition, Best in Show – Part II
Late last month, the 15th annual San Francisco World Spirits Competition took place. Last week, the list of Best in Show awards were released. Here is the second and final part of the full list of winners.
- Irish Whiskey/Single Malt Irish Whiskey - Glendalough 13 Year Old, Atlantic Importing Co
- Blended Irish Whiskey - Teeling Small Batch, Wilson Daniels/ Infinium Spirits
- Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey - Redbreast 15 Year Old, Pernod Ricard
- Blended Scotch - Up To 15 Yrs - Duncan Taylor Smokin’ Scotch, Duncan Taylor Scotch Whisky
- Blended Scotch - 16 Yrs & Up - Alexander Murray Monumental, Alexander Murray & Co
- Blended Scotch - No Age Statement - John Walker & Sons Private Collection 2015 Edition, Hunter Public Relations
- Single Malt Scotch - Up to 12 Yrs - Talisker 10 Year Old, Diageo
- Single Malt Scotch - 13-19 Yrs - Lagavulin 16 Year Old, Diageo
- Single Malt Scotch - No Age Statement - Talisker Storm, Diageo
- Blended Malt Scotch - The Spice Tree Vatted Malt, Compass Box Whisky
- Cognac VS - Meukow, Compagnie de Guyenne/Distilleries de Math
- Cognac VSOP - Camus Cognac Borderies, Camus Wines & Spirits
- Cognac XO - Claude Chatelier, Maison Ferrand
- Calvados VSOP - Père Magloire, Calvados Père Magloire
- Spanish Grape Brandy - Torres Jaime - Reserva De La Familia, Miguel Torres
- Grappa - Villa de Varda Amarone Grappa Riserva, Quintessential
- Other Liqueur - Tiramisú Liqueur, Terlato Wines International
- Herbal/Botanical Liqueur - Cynar Artichoke Liqueur, Campari
- Nut Liqueur - Bloomery SweetShine Black Walnut Liqueur, Bloomery Plantation Distillery
The 'Best in Show' winners are double gold-winning spirits that have been elevated to the final round of sweepstakes and are judged and then awarded by the entire group of judges as the best in each category.
Yesterday, Gruppo Campari announced plans to take over Marnier-Lapostolle in a deal worth US$761.4m. In the notes that followed, analysts have hailed the deal not only for the geographical boost it wi...
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new marketing head for its Americas Travel Retail unit....
UK-based Wild Knight has released a high-end vodka under the same brand name....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends