just the Winners - San Francisco World Spirits Competition, Best in Show - Part I
Late last month, the 15th annual San Francisco World Spirits Competition took place. Last week, the list of Best in Show awards was released. Here is part one of the full list of winners.
- Distillery of the Year - Kavalan, Taiwan
- Importer of the Year - Diageo North America
- Director's Award - Beam Suntory
- Unaged White Spirit/Pisco - Kappa Pisco, Marnier Lapostolle
- Aged White Spirit/ Extra Aged Rum/ Rum - Parce 12 Year Old, Good One Global International
- Whisky/Single Malt Scotch - 20+ Yrs - Craigellachie 23 Year Old, John Dewar & Sons/Nike
- Brandy/Cognac - Gautier Tradition Rare, Gemaco/Marie Brizard Groupe Belvedere
- Liqueur/Fruit Liqueur - Croizet Liqueur d’Orange au Cognac, SAS Croize
- Vodka - Woody Creek Signature Potato Vodka, Woody Creek Distillers
- Flavoured Vodka - Nue Grapefruit, Dynasty Spirits
- Gin - Master’s Dry, Destilerias MG, S.L.
- Flavoured Gin - Duncan Taylor Indian Summer Gin, Saffron Infused, Duncan Taylor Scotch Whisky
- Baijiu - Shui Jing Fang, CNS Enterprises
- Dark/Gold Rum - Bundaberg Small Batch, Master Distillers’ Collection, Bundaberg Distilling Co
- Over-Proof Rum - Don Q 151, Catch 21 Consulting
- Cachaça - Playboy Silver Cachaça, Global Worldwide Traders
- Tequila/Reposado Tequila - Villa Lobos, Duncan Taylor Scotch Whisky
- Silver/Gold Tequila - Tequila 512 Blanco, Willis Importing
- Añejo Tequila - El Tesoro, Beam PR
- Extra-Añejo Tequila - Alquimia Organic, Tierra Madre/Alquimia Tequila
- Mezcal - Cruz De Fuego Mezcal Joven, GDL Imports
- Bourbon/Small Batch Bourbon - 6-10 Yrs - Knob Creek, DBC PR
- Straight Bourbon - Blade & Bow Deluxe, Diageo
- Special Barrel Finished Bourbon - Belle Meade, Sherry Cask Finish, Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery
- Craft Distiller Whiskey - Westland Distillery Sherry Wood American Single Malt, Anchor Distilling Co
- Tennessee Whiskey - George Dickel Superior No 12, Diageo
- Canadian Whisky - Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel, Diageo
- Rye - WhistlePig Old World Series, Sauternes Finish, WhistlePig
- Other Whiskey - Suntory The Yamazaki 18 Year Old, Single Malt, Beam Suntory
- Flavoured Whiskey - Southern Shine Apple Pie Moonshine, Terressentia Corp
The 'Best in Show' winners are double gold-winning spirits that have been elevated to the final round of sweepstakes and are judged and then awarded by the entire group of judges as the best in each category.
Molson Coors has poached Beam Suntory's CFO, Mauricio Restrepo, to assume the same position for the brewer....
Beam Suntory has appointed a former Coca-Cola Co executive to fill its vacant chief marketing officer post....
Beam Suntory has said about three-quarters of Laphroaig's releases over the next year will be no-age statement iterations....
Beam Suntory is set to add a new permanent expression to its Jim Beam Bourbon range....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits