just the week in - Spirits & Wine
The week in spirits and wine
Predicting the future is a tricky skill to master. Chris Losh, however, is keen to have a go. Who knows? If his forecasts come off, this time next year, we could all be millionaires.
Exports of Cognac have ended 22 consecutive months of decline with shipments posting a slight lift in volumes for the year to the end of April.
The new head of Pernod Ricard is looking to shift the company's focus away from being brand-centric to being more consumer-centric.
This week, we speak to Jens Bernardo Helmbaek, commercial manager at Nordic wine & spirit distributor, and just-drinks subscriber, Valora Trade Beverages.
Diageo is to close one of its US bottling plants with the potential loss of about 100 jobs.
I remember the occasion well: It was a warm, summer's day five years ago, when Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers division hosted me and many of my peers at its London offices to unveil a new marketing push for its Scotch whisky range.
Brown-Forman is the latest international spirits company to enter the Irish whiskey category, with the purchase of Slane Castle Irish Whiskey Ltd.
With the global financial crisis came two (well-worn) adages: people don't go out as much and, when they do, they expect more in terms of value and quality.
Laurent-Perrier's newly-installed CFO is to step down after less than six months in the job, the company has revealed after posting a boost in full-year sales and profits.
European spirits trade body SpiritsEurope has denied that a European Union alcohol forum has been ineffective in tackling alcohol harm, after health NGOs quit the group in protest.
At the end of Pernod Ricard’s annual Capital Market Day conference this week, whispers around the cocktail bar were that the company's share price had fallen by more than 4% during the day.
Hess Family Wine Estates has continued its recruitment of Treasury Wine Estates executives, this time for the role of chief marketing officer at its Hess Collection Winery unit.
Brown-Forman has reported a near-4% increase in both sales and profits for its fiscal-2014-15, with the outlook set fair for the current financial year.
Belvedere has turned down the request of two of its major shareholders to change the make-up of its board.
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of Ben Gibson as operations director for its European Travel Retail unit, with present incumbent Phil Corfield set to retire....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits