just the week in - Spirits & Wine
The week in spirits and wine
Gruppo Campari has reported a healthy lift in sales and profits in the first three months of 2015 and has maintained a positive outlook for the year ahead.
Exports of wines from the Loire Valley region of France last year rose by 1% in volume and 6% in value on 2013, according to figures from trade body InterLoire.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Beam Suntory has redesigned Sauza Tequila as the brand prepares to enter new global markets including China.
Yesterday, the Irish Whiskey Association unveiled its strategy for the coming years. Here, courtesy of the trade body, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Earlier today (12 May), Gruppo Campari announced its first quarter results, including a 73% hike in pre-tax profits and a 13% sales increase. Here, we take a look at the figures for the quarter by region and brand:
Emperador Inc has confirmed it will make a bid for Suntory's Louis Royer Cognac brand.
The head of Gruppo Campari has warned that Bourbon brand Wild Turkey is not destined for a plethora of flavour extensions.
Earlier today (13 May), French wine and spirits group Belvédère announced that its first-quarter sales were up 4.4% on a comparable basis. Here, we take a look at the figures for the first three months of 2015 by region:
Another year, another drought in California. Having recently returned from the state, however, Chris Losh suggests that what looks like a dire situation for the wine industry could actually present an opportunity to those keen on tending vines.
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March....
In 2015, the global whiskey market was the third largest segment and also the fastest growing segment in the global spirits market and is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% between 2016 and 2...
Responding to a significant increase in demand for Japanese whisky in duty-free markets worldwide, Beam Suntory has released the travel-retail exclusive The Chita....
Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits has seen its sales fall in the first three months of this year, although the group maintains its target of "significant" profit growth in 2016....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends