just the week in - Spirits & Wine
The week in spirits and wine
Beam Suntory is to combine two of its regional business units to create a larger international division.
It's not every day that one can cast doubts over the behaviour of the world's biggest spirits producer, but my peers in India are making hay today, doing just that. But, before wading in against Diageo and the call this weekend by its United Spirits unit in India for chairman Vijay Mallya to stand down, ask yourself this one question: Would Diageo have done something sooner if it could?
Exports of Australian wine in the year to the end of March rose by 3.6% in volumes and by 3.9% in value, according to figures from the Australian Grape & Wine Authority (AGWA).
China has overtaken France as the country with the second largest area under vine, new figures have shown.
Yesterday, the International Organisation of Vine and Wine released its 2014 report. Here are some key facts it includes on the global wine industry:
Europe's MEPs have called for the European Commission to introduce calorie-content and ingredient labelling on alcoholic drinks sold in the region by next year.
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
It's good to be in the bottled water business. According to Canadean, packaged water sales are expected to drive almost all of the net growth in beverage consumption over the next five years in the US...
Suntory Liquors Ltd was placed under Beam Suntory Inc in October 2014, following the merger with Beam Inc in May 2014....
Lucozade Ribena Suntory is likely to continue to commit major advertising investment for its core brands Ribena and Lucozade....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends