just the week in - Spirits & Wine
The week in spirits and wine
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global spirits & wine categories. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and soft drinks & bottled water.
Spirits grabbed further market share from beer in the US last year helped by on-going consumer interest in cocktails and North American whiskey, according to latest figures.
French luxury goods group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a full-year sales and profits slide for its wine and spirits division due to Cognac destocking in China.
Bacardi has confirmed that its US unit's chief marketing officer has stepped down from his post after nearly five years in the role.
Diageo has admitted it has received “numerous” enquiries about the sale of its Gleneagles Hotel as reports suggested the famous resort is to be put on the market.
Lucas Bols has confirmed an opening price of EUR15.75 per share for its IPO.
The Irish Government is moving ahead with wide-ranging plans to tackle alcohol-related issues, including a form of minimum unit pricing to stop the sale of “very cheap alcohol”.
While the New World has made hay at the volume end of the global market, many of the Southern Hemisphere's wine producers find themselves at a crossroads, with efforts to encourage trading-up battling against consumers' perceptions. Chris Losh takes a look at the quandary facing the likes of Australia, Chile, New Zealand and South Africa.
Accolade Wines has completed its takeover of Barossa Valley-based producer Grant Burge Wines for an undisclosed sum.
Vinopolis, the London-based wine tasting and exhibition space, has announced it will close at the end of this year.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends