just the Week in - Spirits & Wine
The week in spirits and wine
The president of Bacardi has reiterated the company's intention to return to its native Cuba once the US embargo of the country is lifted.
Diageo is set to regain full control of the Don Julio Tequila brand from joint partner Casa Cuervo, with Bushmills Irish whiskey going in the other direction.
Mid-value growth in blended Scotch is being squeezed as consumers move to premium or value, according to a global brand manager for Edrington's Famous Grouse.
Laurent-Perrier has announced the departure of its CFO, Etienne Auriau.
Diageo's move to take back full control of Don Julio certainly indicates the potential for Tequila. However, it is the company's divestment of Bushmills that speaks even louder, to the future for Irish whiskey.
Last weekend, just-drinks travelled to Puerto Rico with Bacardi. While there, we were taken on a tour of the company's rum distillery - the world's largest - at Cantaño on the island.
This month, Chris Losh not only welcomes a spate of M&A activity in the wine world, he positively bathes in it, with Treasury WIne Estates, PLB and Bibendum feeling the warmth of his spotlight.
Stock Spirits has warned that profits could miss full-year targets by as much as EUR10m (US$12.5m) as stiff competition in Poland hampers second-half performance.
US rapper and businessman Jay Z has deepened his involvement in the drinks industry with the purchase of Champagne brand Armand de Brignac.
Distill Ventures launched two years ago with a remit to fund new spirits start-ups. Since then, the Diageo-backed incubator has seen funding increase, as well as the first of its projects hit retail s...
Diageo has agreed to sell its Argentinian wine brands as it continues to offload wine assets and strip down operations....
Treasury Wine Estates has launched two wine brands in the UK market, aimed at millennial males....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends