just the week - in Spirits and Wine
The week in spirits & wine
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global spirits & wine categories. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and soft drinks & bottled water.
The brown spirits category continues to see segments rise and fall in popularity. This month, Ian Buxton looks at rye, which has surprised many with its recent return to form.
Treasury Wine Estates has reported a strong return to profit in its fiscal full-year, with sales in the period also moving from red to black.
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has said that in the next 18 months, Asia will become the biggest profit contributor to the company.
Stock Spirits has posted a sharp drop in first half sales and profits, but said Poland's performance improved "significantly" after weakness in the country dragged on Q1.
American and Irish whiskey were the big winners in the US last year, according to new research, although Irish whiskey's volume growth appears to be slowing.
Three Californian wines have been banned from sale in Russia, according to a report in the Moscow Times.
SPI group's Latvian beverage producer, JSC Latvijas Balzams, has appointed an interim chairman after its current chair announced his departure.
A new venture capital fund run by Constellation Brands has made its first investment, a minority stake in RTD cocktail maker Crafthouse Cocktails.
Beam Suntory has appointed Greg Hughes to the newly-created role of general manager for the US.
The US has leapfrogged Australia to become New Zealand's biggest export market by value, new figures have shown.
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends