just the week in - Beer
The week in beer
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global beer & cider category. We are also running similar round-ups for soft drinks & bottled water and spirits & wine.
Heineken's CEO has warned of a tough year ahead in the UK but said that overall the European market is improving.
SABMiller has raised AUD700m (US$509m) after completing its first bond issue in Australia.
Overall growth of the cider category in the US is slowing down but the rise of craft producers could spark renewed opportunity, according to the head of Boston Beer Co.
The new owner of Goan lager brand King’s Black Label, India's Viiking Group, is set to roll out the brand across the country.
When Heineken released its first-quarter results early this year, analysts warned that the company's self-described "solid progress" would soon be in for a reality check.
Kirin Group has upped first-half sales in the competitive Japanese beer market but struggles in Australia hampered overseas performance.
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has posted a sharp drop in first-half net profits on flat sales as marketing and infrastructure costs increased.
MillerCoors has reported a rise in first-half profits, despite static sales in the six-month period.0
Molson Coors has seen its first-quarter troubles prevail, with sales and profits in the first half of 2015 continuing to struggle.
A tug-of-war over a Myanmar brewing JV has ended after Fraser & Neave agreed to sell its 55% stake to its former partner for US$560m.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Today, Heineken reported a rise in H1 sales and volumes. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region and brand:...
In the years to come the Boston Beer Co (Boston Beer) will continue to make capital investments in its breweries to expand capacity, efficiency and capabilities....
Brasil Kirin is part of the global group Kirin Holdings and is responsible for manufacturing and distributing its products in all regions of the country....
The company, which owns brands such as Nova Schin and Devassa, has been investing highly in diversifying its portfolio to include premium beer. Its Baden Baden and Eisenbahn brands continued to perfor...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts