just the week in - Beer
The week in beer
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports that it has approached US craft brewer Cigar City Brewing about a possible takeover.
Beer production in China has fallen for the first time in a decade, with the country's anti-corruption crackdown being blamed, according to local reports.
A US tracking firm has questioned the sustainability of craft beer in the country, after on-trade share growth in recent weeks slowed, despite a steady rise in the number of new products in the segment.
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it is considering buying into Myanmar Brewery, the country's biggest beer producer.
Earlier today, Heineken reported a lift in full-year profits despite flat sales in the 12 months of 2014. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region and brand.
Financial regulators in Colombia have waved through a deal allowing private conglomerate Postobón and Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) to brew and sell Heineken's brands in the South American country, according to reports.
Molson Coors has warned that its pre-tax profits will take a US$40m hit this financial year from the loss of three key distribution deals in the UK and Canada.
Diageo has launched a new craft-like beer unit in the US, Thump Keg Brewing Co, which will produce “spirit-inspired” beers.
The first briefing in our annual sustainability series looks at the global brewing industry. Ben Cooper digs deeper.
Sectors: Beer & cider
In the latest of his consumer trends articles, Ben Cooper highlights the potential still on offer for drinks companies from the Baby Boomers out there....
Having considered the trends that are set to shape the year ahead for the wine category yesterday, Euromonitor now takes a corporate view on what 2016 will look like in the sector....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research