just the Week in - Beer
The week in beer
The next frontier for the beer market is not your local bar or pub, or the beer cooler at your nearby supermarket; it’s your kitchen counter. Beer makers want a spot on the counter as the beer market aims to emulate the success of table-top coffee makers like the Keurig or Nespresso. Heinken’s The Sub “draught beer lifestyle appliance” is the latest salvo in what could be the next hot emerging sector of the beer market.
David Beckham has revealed that before he partnered with Diageo's Haig Club he turned down a number of alcohol brands, including Anheuser-Busch InBev's Beck's.
C&C Group has seen a healthy rise in half-year sales and profits helped by its domestic markets, but admitted its US performance was “disappointing”.
Brewers in the UK are relaunching the 'Let There Be Beer' campaign under a fresh banner, including a new TV ad as part of a GBP10m (US$16m) spend.
Boston Beer Co has posted a strong jump in YTD sales and profits after third-quarter performance benefited from new product launches.
Craft Brew Alliance has narrowed its full-year guidance ahead of releasing its third-quarter results next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a solid rise in nine-month net profits and sales, but third-quarter volumes were held back by Russia.
Distill Ventures launched two years ago with a remit to fund new spirits start-ups. Since then, the Diageo-backed incubator has seen funding increase, as well as the first of its projects hit retail s...
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a drop in Q3 and year-to-date net profits and sales, although the company saw sales rise in organic terms. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the comp...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range