just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2011
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas.
Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2011.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has said it still plans to launch its Lucozade energy drink in the US "when the time is right", and that it is also eyeing other global markets.
Diageo has secured a controlling stake in the Zacapa rum brand from Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
William Grant & Sons has confirmed that it will consider building a distillery in Ireland for its recently-acquired Tullamore Dew whiskey brand.
The new CEO of PepsiCo Americas Beverages plans to renew the group's focus on core soft drinks brands in the US in order to improve sales and investor confidence.
Bacardi has had its registration of the Havana Club trademark revoked in three Eastern European markets, just-drinks understands.
The head of India's UB Group has suggested that the company would be “very interested” in teaming up with another drinks firm to make a move for Beam Inc at some point in the future.
Aldi's Glenbridge 40 Year Old Single Malt
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
Diageo has extended the review of its European operations to encompass its entire operating model, in an attempt to creating “a more cost-effective organisation”.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired US spirits brand Skinnygirl for an undisclosed sum.
Diageo confirmed yesterday (6 June) that it will invest heavily in its Scotch whisky production capabilities going forward....
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk