just the Ten - Top Interviews of 2011
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas.
Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2011.
In October, Olly Wehring spoke to Diageo's Asia Pacific president, Gilbert Ghostine, on the 'phone for an hour. During the conversation, they considered the Cognac elephant in the room, the future for the company's domestic tie-ups in the region, and what the locals think of the UK-based multinational.
In February, Olly travelled to Paris, where he was granted 30 minutes with the CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet. In their time together, Pringuet discussed the first six months of Pernod's fiscal 2011, as well as Absolut, China and war-chests.
The summer saw Anheuser-Busch InBev's CMO, Chris Burggraeve, visit the UK. Just before he headed back to the US, Olly Wehring joined him for coffee in the lounge of his hotel in London.
3: Nichols group finance director, Tim Croston
A month earlier, in August, Michelle Russell talked to Tim Croston, the group finance director at UK-based soft drinks producer, Nichols plc.
Half of this interview, which we ran in April, took place in person in Copenhagen; the other half was conducted on the 'phone from the terrace of an Italian vineyard following a meeting between Chris Mercer and approximately 50 wines. You're right, he's a great, big show off.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer