just the Ten - Top Hot Topics of 2012
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas.
Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012.
In June, Diageo acquired the Ypióca cachaça brand in Brazil from Ypióca Agroindustrial Limitada. The domestic spirit may be struggling at home, but its global potential remains great.
9: CAGE 2012
CAGNY was followed by the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London a month later.
Also in June, Anheuser-Busch InBev finally made its move to take control of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
7: CAGNY 2012
In February, the Consumer Analyst Group New York conference took place in Florida.
Brazil and the US started the year on the cusp of a trade row, after a banned fungicide was discovered by The Coca-Cola Co on oranges imported from the South American country.
Traditionally one of the busiest events for just-drinks, this year's wine fair was no exception.
In October, the travel retail world converged on Cannes in France for the TFWA exhibition. just-drinks was in tow.
As the year drew to a close, a row broke out between Central European Distribution Corp and major shareholder Russian Standard. Here's how the disagreement unfolded.
The waiting finally came to an end this year. Diageo agreed a deal to take a controlling stake in UB Group's United Spirits division in India. Here's how the story unfolded over the last few months.
Heineken's battle for full control of Asia Pacific Breweries dominated the headlines in the second half of 2012. As hot topics go, this was a large one.
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future