just the Ten - Top Hot Topics of 2012
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas.
Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012.
In June, Diageo acquired the Ypióca cachaça brand in Brazil from Ypióca Agroindustrial Limitada. The domestic spirit may be struggling at home, but its global potential remains great.
9: CAGE 2012
CAGNY was followed by the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference in London a month later.
Also in June, Anheuser-Busch InBev finally made its move to take control of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
7: CAGNY 2012
In February, the Consumer Analyst Group New York conference took place in Florida.
Brazil and the US started the year on the cusp of a trade row, after a banned fungicide was discovered by The Coca-Cola Co on oranges imported from the South American country.
Traditionally one of the busiest events for just-drinks, this year's wine fair was no exception.
In October, the travel retail world converged on Cannes in France for the TFWA exhibition. just-drinks was in tow.
As the year drew to a close, a row broke out between Central European Distribution Corp and major shareholder Russian Standard. Here's how the disagreement unfolded.
The waiting finally came to an end this year. Diageo agreed a deal to take a controlling stake in UB Group's United Spirits division in India. Here's how the story unfolded over the last few months.
Heineken's battle for full control of Asia Pacific Breweries dominated the headlines in the second half of 2012. As hot topics go, this was a large one.
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends