just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
MEXICO: Grupo Modelo FY profits drop
Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer, has reported a slip in net profits for 2009, despite a rise in sales and a surge in earnings in the fourth quarter of the year.
US: William Grant & Sons outsources Raynal distribution
William Grant & Sons has handed distribution of Raynal French brandy in the US to White Rock Distilleries, but will retain ownership of the brand.
AUS: Wine business sale still an option - Foster's CEO
Foster’s Group may still look to sell its wine business, but the group has received no offers for either that or its more successful beer arm, CEO Ian Johnston has said.
US/VIRGIN ISLANDS: Diageo slams Bacardi over Virgin Islands rum deal claims
Diageo has launched a scathing attack on rival drinks group Bacardi, accusing the rum group of conducting a clandestine “campaign of misinformation” against Diageo's plan to move rum operations to the US Virgin Islands.
UK: LIWF organisers confident despite pullouts
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo Winery.
Comment - Did Heineken get a raw deal on S&N?
Nearly two years since Carlsberg and Heineken joined forces to buy and carve up Scottish & Newcastle, it is hard to see what the Netherlands-based brewer got from the deal.
US: Coca-Cola Co confirms CCE acquisition
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
W EUROPE: Anheuser-Busch InBev faces union jobs ultimatum
Anheuser-Busch InBev faces the possibility of worker strikes across Western Europe over planned job cuts, unless the brewer accepts demands drawn up by a coalition of trade unions.
Companies: Grupo Modelo, William Grant, Diageo, Pernod, Ricard, Bacardi, Jacob’s Creek, Foster’s, Heineken, Coca-Cola Co, CCE, Constellation, Gallo, S&N, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Concha y Toro
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research