just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
MEXICO: Grupo Modelo FY profits drop
Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer, has reported a slip in net profits for 2009, despite a rise in sales and a surge in earnings in the fourth quarter of the year.
US: William Grant & Sons outsources Raynal distribution
William Grant & Sons has handed distribution of Raynal French brandy in the US to White Rock Distilleries, but will retain ownership of the brand.
AUS: Wine business sale still an option - Foster's CEO
Foster’s Group may still look to sell its wine business, but the group has received no offers for either that or its more successful beer arm, CEO Ian Johnston has said.
US/VIRGIN ISLANDS: Diageo slams Bacardi over Virgin Islands rum deal claims
Diageo has launched a scathing attack on rival drinks group Bacardi, accusing the rum group of conducting a clandestine “campaign of misinformation” against Diageo's plan to move rum operations to the US Virgin Islands.
UK: LIWF organisers confident despite pullouts
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo Winery.
Comment - Did Heineken get a raw deal on S&N?
Nearly two years since Carlsberg and Heineken joined forces to buy and carve up Scottish & Newcastle, it is hard to see what the Netherlands-based brewer got from the deal.
US: Coca-Cola Co confirms CCE acquisition
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
W EUROPE: Anheuser-Busch InBev faces union jobs ultimatum
Anheuser-Busch InBev faces the possibility of worker strikes across Western Europe over planned job cuts, unless the brewer accepts demands drawn up by a coalition of trade unions.
Companies: Grupo Modelo, William Grant, Diageo, Pernod, Ricard, Bacardi, Jacob’s Creek, Foster’s, Heineken, Coca-Cola Co, CCE, Constellation, Gallo, S&N, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Concha y Toro
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts