just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
MEXICO: Grupo Modelo FY profits drop
Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer, has reported a slip in net profits for 2009, despite a rise in sales and a surge in earnings in the fourth quarter of the year.
US: William Grant & Sons outsources Raynal distribution
William Grant & Sons has handed distribution of Raynal French brandy in the US to White Rock Distilleries, but will retain ownership of the brand.
AUS: Wine business sale still an option - Foster's CEO
Foster’s Group may still look to sell its wine business, but the group has received no offers for either that or its more successful beer arm, CEO Ian Johnston has said.
US/VIRGIN ISLANDS: Diageo slams Bacardi over Virgin Islands rum deal claims
Diageo has launched a scathing attack on rival drinks group Bacardi, accusing the rum group of conducting a clandestine “campaign of misinformation” against Diageo's plan to move rum operations to the US Virgin Islands.
UK: LIWF organisers confident despite pullouts
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo Winery.
Comment - Did Heineken get a raw deal on S&N?
Nearly two years since Carlsberg and Heineken joined forces to buy and carve up Scottish & Newcastle, it is hard to see what the Netherlands-based brewer got from the deal.
US: Coca-Cola Co confirms CCE acquisition
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to acquire the North American operations of its largest bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE).
W EUROPE: Anheuser-Busch InBev faces union jobs ultimatum
Anheuser-Busch InBev faces the possibility of worker strikes across Western Europe over planned job cuts, unless the brewer accepts demands drawn up by a coalition of trade unions.
Companies: Grupo Modelo, William Grant & Sons, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Ricard, Bacardi Ltd, Jacob’s Creek, Foster’s Group Ltd, Heineken, The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Constellation Brands, E&J Gallo, Scottish & Newcastle, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Concha y Toro
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research