just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sells Nordic drinks assets
Pernod Ricard has moved a step closer to its EUR1bn (US$1.36bn) asset disposals target by agreeing to sell several assets in Sweden and Denmark, including drinks brands, to Altia.
UK: Drinks firms failing on labelling deal, says Government
Alcoholic drinks firms may face mandatory labelling rules in the UK after a Government report revealed that the industry is failing to abide by a voluntary agreement to warn of the dangers of harmful drinking.
Comment - Foster's pays for top dollar
A strong Australian dollar has made Foster’s Group half-year wine figures look worse than they are.
US: Castle Brands cuts losses, sales rise
Castle Brands, the international spirits and fine wine group, has cut losses and increased sales in the first nine months of its fiscal year.
US: Anheuser-Busch InBev warns of job cuts in US reshuffle
Anheuser-Busch InBev is looking to cut an unspecified number of jobs in the US as part of a reorganisation programme in the country.
Focus – UK: GSK lines up drinks launches, ups Lucozade spend
GlaxoSmithKline will double marketing spend on Lucozade Sport and launch new juice drinks as part of a multi-million pound investment in soft drinks in 2010.
UK: Diageo begins redundancy scheme in Scotland
Diageo has begun a voluntary redundancy scheme across Scotland to create vacancies for staff set to lose their jobs as part of the group's restructure in the country.
FRANCE/US: E&J Gallo a victim in mass Pinot Noir wine fraud
Wineries and merchants in southern France have been found guilty of duping buyers, including E&J Gallo Winery, into purchasing fake Pinot Noir wine at inflated prices.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months.
Focus - CAGNY 2010: SABMiller to woo Africa with cheaper beer
Making beer more affordable is the biggest immediate challenge facing SABMiller in Africa, according to the brewer's managing director of the continent.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review