just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sells Nordic drinks assets
Pernod Ricard has moved a step closer to its EUR1bn (US$1.36bn) asset disposals target by agreeing to sell several assets in Sweden and Denmark, including drinks brands, to Altia.
UK: Drinks firms failing on labelling deal, says Government
Alcoholic drinks firms may face mandatory labelling rules in the UK after a Government report revealed that the industry is failing to abide by a voluntary agreement to warn of the dangers of harmful drinking.
Comment - Foster's pays for top dollar
A strong Australian dollar has made Foster’s Group half-year wine figures look worse than they are.
US: Castle Brands cuts losses, sales rise
Castle Brands, the international spirits and fine wine group, has cut losses and increased sales in the first nine months of its fiscal year.
US: Anheuser-Busch InBev warns of job cuts in US reshuffle
Anheuser-Busch InBev is looking to cut an unspecified number of jobs in the US as part of a reorganisation programme in the country.
Focus – UK: GSK lines up drinks launches, ups Lucozade spend
GlaxoSmithKline will double marketing spend on Lucozade Sport and launch new juice drinks as part of a multi-million pound investment in soft drinks in 2010.
UK: Diageo begins redundancy scheme in Scotland
Diageo has begun a voluntary redundancy scheme across Scotland to create vacancies for staff set to lose their jobs as part of the group's restructure in the country.
FRANCE/US: E&J Gallo a victim in mass Pinot Noir wine fraud
Wineries and merchants in southern France have been found guilty of duping buyers, including E&J Gallo Winery, into purchasing fake Pinot Noir wine at inflated prices.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months.
Focus - CAGNY 2010: SABMiller to woo Africa with cheaper beer
Making beer more affordable is the biggest immediate challenge facing SABMiller in Africa, according to the brewer's managing director of the continent.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research