just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Kirin Holdings has ended merger talks with Japan-based drinks rival Suntory.
Remy Cointreau plans to cut around a quarter of jobs at Champagne division Piper-Heidsieck, following a tough time for Champagne in the economic downturn.
MillerCoors is planning to formally launch draft-beer kegs of Miller Lite and Coors Light in the US off-trade as it looks to boost beer sales in a depressed market by targeting home drinkers.
Molson Coors' CEO, Peter Swinburn, does not believe that the brewer should rush into acquisitions in new markets to offset shrinking beer sales volumes in the US, UK and Canada.
Asia Pacific Breweries has completed deals to acquire Heineken's controlling stakes in Multi Bintang of Indonesia and Grand Brasseries de Nouvelle Caledonie.
Coca-Cola Enterprises swung to a full-year profit today (10 February) and confirmed plans to repurchase up to US$600m of its common stock by the end of 2010.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has said that he sees little respite for the firm's premium drinks brands in key western markets over the medium term, but added that the drinks giant does expect improved profits in its second half.
US food and drink giant PepsiCo has said that it plans to begin “rapidly” expanding its footprint in China having received approval to build ten further plants in the country.
PepsiAmericas today reported a drop in full-year profits, impacted by significant foreign currency movements.
Sales rise across soft drinks, beer and retail divisions have driven a strong performance from Mexico-based Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) in 2009.
Molson Coors has detailed its next dividend payment....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets