just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Kirin Holdings has ended merger talks with Japan-based drinks rival Suntory.
Remy Cointreau plans to cut around a quarter of jobs at Champagne division Piper-Heidsieck, following a tough time for Champagne in the economic downturn.
MillerCoors is planning to formally launch draft-beer kegs of Miller Lite and Coors Light in the US off-trade as it looks to boost beer sales in a depressed market by targeting home drinkers.
Molson Coors' CEO, Peter Swinburn, does not believe that the brewer should rush into acquisitions in new markets to offset shrinking beer sales volumes in the US, UK and Canada.
Asia Pacific Breweries has completed deals to acquire Heineken's controlling stakes in Multi Bintang of Indonesia and Grand Brasseries de Nouvelle Caledonie.
Coca-Cola Enterprises swung to a full-year profit today (10 February) and confirmed plans to repurchase up to US$600m of its common stock by the end of 2010.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has said that he sees little respite for the firm's premium drinks brands in key western markets over the medium term, but added that the drinks giant does expect improved profits in its second half.
US food and drink giant PepsiCo has said that it plans to begin “rapidly” expanding its footprint in China having received approval to build ten further plants in the country.
PepsiAmericas today reported a drop in full-year profits, impacted by significant foreign currency movements.
Sales rise across soft drinks, beer and retail divisions have driven a strong performance from Mexico-based Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) in 2009.
Molson Coors has detailed its next dividend payment....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts