just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo is set to cut almost a third of the workforce at its St James's Gate brewery in Dublin.
Bacardi and Brown-Forman have agreed to end their distribution partnership in Germany.
Pepsi Bottling Group, the soft drinks bottler, has reported full-year profits ahead of guidance, despite a slip in sales.
Spirits sales in the US kept their head above water with a 1% volume rise in 2009 and are set to grow more strongly in 2010, according to the head of the US Distilled Spirits Council.
InterContinental Brands has been given clearance to continue using the name Vodkat, despite losing a legal battle against Diageo over the brand name.
The Coca-Cola Co has strongly rejected a claim by the The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) that the soft drinks maker is “fleecing” American consumers.
Berry Bros & Rudd (BB&R) is set to sell the Cutty Sark blended Scotch whisky brand to The Edrington Group, with The Glenrothes single malt brand heading in the opposite direction.
French wine firms Jeanjean and Laroche have completed a merger deal that will see their combined business become France's third largest wine producer.
Lower demand for Champagne weighed heavily on French luxury goods group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 2009, despite signs of a recovery in the fourth quarter.
Kirin Holdings and Suntory have moved closer to securing a deal to merge after solving a dispute over ownership of the new business, according to a report.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015