just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken is to close its Louny Brewery in Czech Republic due to falling demand for beer in the country and the group's global strategy to cut costs.
The earthquake that shook Haiti did not spare the country’s largest rum producer, Barbancourt.
The head of The UB Group, Vijay Mallya, has called on the Indian liquor industry to unite and demand its due from the country's government.
A near five-fold rise in beer sales tax threatens to damage SABMiller's lager volumes in Colombia, the brewer's biggest market in Latin America.
Constellation Brands, the world's largest wine firm, has extended portions of its senior credit facility and a long-term loan to help it pay down debt.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed the departure of its zone president for Western Europe.
A member of the European Parliament is campaigning for alcoholic drinks containing caffeine to be banned.
Kirin Holdings has claimed victory against rival Asahi after securing a larger slice of Japan's beer market for the first time in nine years.
Workers at Alken-Maes, the Belgian subsidiary of Heineken, have blocked the entrance to the firm's brewery in Alken in protest over planned job cuts.
The parent company of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Fortune Brands, has posted its first quarterly increase in sales in the past eight quarters for the last three months of 2010.
The UK's Coalition Government has launched a new agency to simplify corporate tax rules in a move designed to silence dissent within some of the country's leading companies, including Diageo....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads