just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
CHILE: Vina Concha y Toro FY wine sales rise
Vina Concha y Toro, the Chile-based wine giant, has reported a double digit sales rise for 2009, despite a slowdown in the fourth quarter.
GLOBAL: M&A activity to rebound in 2010 - analyst
Mergers and acquisitions are likely to be back on the agenda around the world in 2010 as the business climate improves, leading consultancy group KPMG has said.
INDIA: Pernod Ricard hits Imperial rights setback
Pernod Ricard has hit a setback in its attempt to prevent rival drinks firms in India from using the word 'imperial' on their labels.
GLOBAL: SABMiller beer volumes flat in Q3
Stockpiling in Russia, as well as growth in Africa and Latin America, offset declines in other markets to see SABMiller report flat beer volume sales in its fiscal third quarter.
UK: Diageo wins Vodkat legal case against Intercontinental Brands
Diageo has won its legal battle with UK drinks firm Intercontinental Brands over its Vodkat vodka-based spirit beverage.
RUSSIA: Brewers may dodge alcohol sales curbs
Brewers with beers below 5% abv may escape some of the most stringent Government proposals to curb alcohol sales and promotions in Russia, as the drinks industry prepares for tough measures in the country in 2010.
US: Red Bull North America chief resigns
The CEO of energy drink firm Red Bull in North America has resigned.
UK: Whyte & Mackay toasts whisky profits rise
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky group owned by India's United Spirits, has reported a jump in net profits for its most recent fiscal year.
FRANCE: Champagne slide blights Remy Cointreau sales
Remy Cointreau has reported a 4.5% drop in like-for-like sales in the first nine months of 2009, after strong demand for Cognac in Asia failed to fully offset sliding Champagne sales.
BELGIUM: A-B InBev secures deal to end blockades
Anheuser-Busch InBev has secured a deal with trade unions to end a blockade of its breweries in Belgium.
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), about 70% of the 2.5bn litres of fruit and vegetable juices sold in Mexico in 2009 were produced domestically. Mexico exported US$266.99m worth of...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research