just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Insight - Heineken hails historic FEMSA Cerveza deal
Heineken has labelled its deal for FEMSA Cerveza as one of the biggest in the brewer's history, but analysts highlighted FEMSA's fragility in Brazil as a weak point in the agreement.
GLOBAL: Ocean Spray readies cranberry concentrate auction
Ocean Spray has confirmed details of its next cranberry concentrate auction.
UK: Christmas Champagne sales fizz for retailers
Price cuts on Champagne over the Christmas period have helped to drive strong sales rises at major retailers in the UK.
MEXICO: Eyes turn to Grupo Modelo, Anheuser-Busch InBev
Heineken's deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza puts more pressure on rival Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo to resolve its dispute with Anheuser-Busch InBev, analysts believe.
AUS: Pernod Ricard unveils Montana wine campaign
The growing popularity of New Zealand wines in neighbouring Australia has prompted Pernod Ricard to launch an AUD2m (US$1.8m) marketing campaign for its Montana brand in the country.
S AFRICA: SABMiller black empowerment deal on track
SABMiller's black economic empowerment deal remains on-track to take effect from 4 February.
GLOBAL: Diageo to rebound in 2010 - analyst
Diageo's growth model remains intact and the drinks giant is set for steady growth in 2010, according to one analyst.
US: Gatorade Tiger Woods “unfaithful” labelling suspect arrested
A man from Colorado in the US has been arrested and charged with misbranding and altering food labels after he allegedly stuck labels on bottles of PepsiCo's Gatorade drinks brand in the state.
FRANCE: Pernod Ricard H1 sales dip
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year.
US/GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co launches latest 'Open Happiness' ads
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up the debut of two television adverts, the latest from its 'Open Happiness' global campaign, in the US.
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), about 70% of the 2.5bn litres of fruit and vegetable juices sold in Mexico in 2009 were produced domestically. Mexico exported US$266.99m worth of...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research