just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
New Rexam CEO
Graham Chipchase has assumed the role of chief executive at Rexam.
SABMiller South Africa strike continues
The soft drinks unit of SABMiller's South African operations has condemned the "high levels of violence" from some of its striking workers.
Pity the Russian consumer...
Russia's Government has imposed a minimum price on vodka in an attempt to curb harmful drinking by flushing out the bottom end of the market.
Pity the Russian consumer...II
Russia's Government has driven through its plan to triple excise tax on beer, despite fierce opposition from brewers.
First Quench suppliers chase their cash
Some of the biggest names in the UK drinks industry, including Diageo, have met with administrators of First Quench Retailing in an attempt to recoup funds owed by the collapsed off-licence group.
William Grant in Colombo sale
William Grant & Sons has sold off one of its wine brands to Total Beverage Solution.
Coca-Cola JV for Qoo
The Coca-Cola Co has joined forces with China Education Resources (CER) to promote its Qoo non-carbonated drink to the Chinese youth market.
Constellation Brands Q3
A lawsuit filed by Grupo Modelo against Constellation Brands does not jeopardise the future of the two firms' Crown Imports joint venture, Constellation president and CEO Rob Sands has said.
UK drinks market under more authority pressure
Drinks industry leaders have rejected claims by a powerful group of MPs that the UK needs a minimum price on alcohol and that drinks makers have too much influence on Government policy.
Diageo, Radico Khaitan at loggerheads?
Radico Khaitan, India's second largest spirits producer, has said it will block Diageo from taking full control of the two firms' joint venture.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down