just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands and Australian Vintage
Wine giants Australian Vintage and Constellation Brands are seeking informal clearance for a merger from Australia's competition regulator.
Drinkaware cash boost
UK alcohol charity Drinkaware has received a further GBP5m (US$8.1m) of funding from the drinks industry in a bid to continue tackling the issue of alcohol misuse.
Nestle Waters in US protest
Nestle Waters has criticised a plan to introduce a tax on locally-produced bottled water in Michigan to help authorities pay for education grants.
Millions of litres of Italian wine may have been blended illegally, in a fresh fraud investigation that threatens to further damage Italy's standing on the world wine market.
Anheuser-Busch InBev debt pay-off
Anheuser-Busch InBev has made an early payment of US$3.7bn to further repay debt taken on to finance the formation of the brewer last year.
Diageo heading abroad?
The chief executive of Diageo has refused to rule out moving the drinks firm's headquarters away from the UK.
Constellation, Grupo Modelo lawsuit
Constellation Brands has vowed to defend itself against a lawsuit filed by Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo over the amount of funding both firms have given to their Crown Imports joint venture.
Carlsberg FY forecast
Carlsberg has raised its full-year earnings forecast after seeing volumes boosted by distributor stockpiling in Russia, ahead of a jump in beer duty tax next month.
Coca-Cola Enterprises FY forecast
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its earnings guidance for 2009, but said it expects the North American market to remain challenging in 2010.
Foster's Group H1
Oversupply, weak consumer spending and unfavourable currency rates mean that Foster's Group wine business is still performing below expectations, the Australian firm has warned.
Starting tomorrow (11 June), the FIFA World Cup football tournament has finally arrived in South Africa. In our last feature on the biggest sporting event in the world, Olly Wehring takes a look at ho...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research