just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
C&C Group, Constellation Brands and Gaymer
C&C Group has agreed to acquire Constellation Brands' UK cider division, The Gaymer Cider Co, for GBP45m (US$75m) in cash.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Beck's
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports out of Germany claiming that it came close to selling off the Beck's beer brand.
Asahi looking abroad
Asahi Breweries is looking to invest in more overseas drinks markets to help offset declining sales in Japan and become one of the world's top ten food and drink companies.
Constellation wine chief appointment
Constellation Brands has announced a switch of leadership at its North American wine unit.
Laurent-Perrier H1 results
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has reported an 85% drop in net profits for the first half of its fiscal year, reflecting a tough time for Champagne in the global economic downturn.
UK alcohol mobile app launch
The UK Government has launched a mobile phone application that allows people to keep track of their drinking.
A-B InBev in Eastern Europe
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of brewing assets across Eastern Europe to private equity group CVC Capital.
Bacardi-Martini gets slapped wrist
An email by Bacardi-Martini promoting a Martini event has been banned by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).
Coca-Cola Co teams with Greenpeace
As world leaders prepare for the global summit on climate change in Copenhagen, Coca-Cola Co has said that it will significantly cut greenhouse gas emissions from vending machines and coolers.
Aspall Cyder is one of several premium cider brands reaping the benefits of the category's rebirth in the UK over the last five years.
China's Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery, which is 24%-owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, is planning to raise up to RMB1bn (US$146M) via a share offering, according to a report....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research