just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Scotch whisky rules
New Scotch whisky rules covering every aspect of the distilling, bottling and labelling have come into force today (23 November).
SABMiller brewery closure
SABMiller is to close its Pivovary Topvar brewery in Slovakia due to falling demand for beer.
Diageo in Tanzania
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect.
Sustainable water calls
Australian Vintage, Constellation Brands latest
Australian Vintage is seeking a controlling stake of a potential tie-up with Constellation Brands in the UK and Australia, group chairman Ian Ferrier has said.
Concha y Toro UK head ups sticks
Concha y Toro has confirmed the return of the MD of its UK subsidiary to Chile, where he will become corporate director for Asia.
Britvic FY results
Britvic, the UK's largest soft drinks firm, is targeting acquisitions as it looks to build on strong sales and profits momentum in its most recent fiscal year.
Brown-Forman share sale
A member of the Brown family has confirmed her intention to sell a portion of her stock in the company.
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK.
Minimum pricing in Scotland? Air your views
Views on minimum pricing, off-sales discounts and raising the alcohol sales age to 21, have been called for by the Scottish Health and Sport Committee.
Gruppo Campari's first quarter results have added some blossom to those oft-cited green shoots of recovery....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban