just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Scotch Whisky Association and Scotch rules
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has defended new regulations covering Scotch whisky against criticism from some corners of the industry.
Champagne sales in 2009
Sales of Champagne are expected to drop by up to 15% in volume for 2009, the trade body for the Champagne region has told just-drinks.
Coca-Cola's juice portfolio
Coca-Cola Co has unveiled a uniform packaging design for all of its juice brands around the world, marking out the category as a key driver of sales growth.
FDA queries caffeinated alcohol
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe.
Authorities call on Diageo in India
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed it plans to sell one of its bottling facilities in Scotland.
SABMiller targets costs
SABMiller's four-year plan to save US$300m annually will not include significant job cuts, group CEO Graham Mackay told just-drinks following the group's half-year results announcement.
Coca-Cola's Vitaminwater extension
Coca-Cola Co is to launch calorie-free versions of its Vitaminwater drinks in the US early next year.
First Quench closures continue
A further wave of store closures has been announced at First Quench Retailing, the collapsed owner of Threshers off-licences in the UK.
Edrington Group's site closure
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018