just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands in Australia, UK
Constellation Brands is looking into the possibility of merging a portion of its Australian wine business with Australian Vintage Ltd.
Stock Spirits CEO switch
Stock Spirits Group has created the new position of marketing director for its division in Czech and Slovakia, Stock Plzen. The firm has also announced a change of CEO.
William Grant & Sons FY results
William Grant & Sons, owner of Grant's Scotch whisky, has reported a strong sales rise for 2008, but warned of deteriorating fortunes for Scotch in 2009.
Cobra Beer future plans
The founder of Cobra Beer is seeking finance to expand the beer brand in India, five months after Molson Coors stepped in to rescue the company's UK division from collapse.
Carlsberg's battle in Russia
Carlsberg is lobbying hard to dissuade Russia's Government from tripling excise tax on beer, ahead of a debate on the proposal in the country's parliament this week.
MillerCoors downbeat on US market
MillerCoors has said that the US beer market is heading for decline in 2009, but the brewer highlighted progress for its premium light portfolio.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Q3 results
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has reported a healthy lift in profits for its third quarter, despite a dip in sales for the period.
Threshers stores to close
The administrators handling collapsed drinks retailer First Quench have confirmed the closure of 373 stores, resulting in 1,738 redundancies.
Bacardi and Michael Schumacher
Bacardi has extended its social responsibility partnership with former motor racing champion Michael Schumacher.
Spier veers from multiple grocer channel
South African wine producer Spier has abandoned the multiple grocer retail channel in the UK, focusing instead on the country's on-trade.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future