just the round-up - The week in drinks
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
First Quench Retailing
Redundancies and store closures loom at First Quench Retailing, the collapsed owner of the Threshers off-licence chain, but management is hopeful a buyer will be found for the business.
SABMiller has held a conference in South Africa to reaffirm its commitment to Africa, as countries across the continent continue to show promise for beer sales.
The decline in total UK beer sales has slowed significantly in the third quarter of 2009, according to the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA).
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted a lift in profits, despite slipping sales, in its third quarter.
Heineken has swooped to acquire Globe Pub Company in the UK, in order to prevent the group's financial collapse and protect a long-term beer supply deal.
Diageo, Ketel One
Anheuser-Busch');return false;" href="/factsheet.aspx?id=3">Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected accusations of gender bias in its executive pay scale, following a lawsuit filed by Anheuser-Busch's ex-communications chief.
The wave of major consolidation activity in the beer market over 2008 was followed by weakening volume growth in 2009 as the economic downturn put a dampener on bullish tactics. With the global beer l...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk