just the round-up - The week in drinks
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
First Quench Retailing
Redundancies and store closures loom at First Quench Retailing, the collapsed owner of the Threshers off-licence chain, but management is hopeful a buyer will be found for the business.
SABMiller has held a conference in South Africa to reaffirm its commitment to Africa, as countries across the continent continue to show promise for beer sales.
The decline in total UK beer sales has slowed significantly in the third quarter of 2009, according to the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA).
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted a lift in profits, despite slipping sales, in its third quarter.
Heineken has swooped to acquire Globe Pub Company in the UK, in order to prevent the group's financial collapse and protect a long-term beer supply deal.
Diageo, Ketel One
The wave of major consolidation activity in the beer market over 2008 was followed by weakening volume growth in 2009 as the economic downturn put a dampener on bullish tactics. With the global beer l...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research