just the round-up - The week in drinks
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
First Quench Retailing
Redundancies and store closures loom at First Quench Retailing, the collapsed owner of the Threshers off-licence chain, but management is hopeful a buyer will be found for the business.
SABMiller has held a conference in South Africa to reaffirm its commitment to Africa, as countries across the continent continue to show promise for beer sales.
The decline in total UK beer sales has slowed significantly in the third quarter of 2009, according to the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA).
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted a lift in profits, despite slipping sales, in its third quarter.
Heineken has swooped to acquire Globe Pub Company in the UK, in order to prevent the group's financial collapse and protect a long-term beer supply deal.
Diageo, Ketel One
The wave of major consolidation activity in the beer market over 2008 was followed by weakening volume growth in 2009 as the economic downturn put a dampener on bullish tactics. With the global beer l...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research