just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiCo bottling latest
Bruce Willis and Belvédère
French drinks firm Belvédère, which is under bankruptcy protection, has said that Hollywood actor Bruce Willis is ready to invest in the company and is being invited to take a seat on its board.
Diageo and Baileys in Sweden
Diageo has launched its Baileys Coffee liqueur in Sweden.
European call for strong arm on alcohol
The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) has called for higher prices and tougher marketing restrictions to reduce alcohol-related harm, in a report commissioned by the current EU president nation, Sweden.
Pepsi Bottling Group Q3 results
Pepsi Bottling Group has reported an uplift in consumer demand for soft drinks across Europe and Mexico in the third quarter, but conditions in the US are likely to remain challenging.
Lion Nathan has ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings.
UK opposition to turn on alcohol - if it wins
Licensing laws in England will be "torn up" and supermarkets will be banned from selling alcohol below cost if the Conservative Party wins the UK General Election, expected next year.
Diageo drops Fox News ads
Diageo has ceased advertising on the Glenn Beck show on the Fox News network in the US.
Anheuser-Busch InBev sells theme parks
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the widely-expected sale of its entertainment business to private equity group Blackstone Capital Partners.
PepsiCo Q3 results
PepsiCo said it sees 2010 as a "unique opportunity" to re-invest in long-term growth on the back of its recent purchase of two bottlers and falling costs
The UK soft drinks market grew by 2% in value in 2009, enough for sales in the on-trade to climb ahead of spirits to take the number two spot behind beer....
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
US soft drinks giant PepsiCo has said it is targeting growth in China following recent Government approval to build of 14 new beverage plants by the Chinese government....
Soft drinks firm Britvic is to launch an energy version of Mountain Dew in the UK to capture growing consumer thirst for energy drinks....
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages