just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Smaller glasses for UK on-trade
Drinkers in the UK will soon be able to order beer and cider in two-thirds of a pint under new Government rules that have been welcomed by the industry.
Scotland minimum pricing latest
Scotland's Government is ignoring advice from competition officials and intends to press ahead with its plan to set a minimum price on alcoholic drinks, claiming the policy could save hundreds of lives every year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its brewing operations in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Scotland, including the Tennent's lager brand, to C&C Group.
Australian MD switch at Lion Nathan
Lion Nathan has said that James Brindley is set to become managing director of Lion Nathan Australia, following the brewer's takeover by Kirin Holdings.
Coca-Cola label change
Coca-Cola Co has said it will print calorie information per serving on all products worldwide in order to increase consumers' awareness about the calorie content of its soft drinks.
Diageo, Sainsbury's, Pitchers and Pimm's
Diageo and Sainsbury's have come to an agreement over the UK supermarket's Pimm's-like beverage, Pitchers.
The rise of lower alcohol wines
Demand for lower alcohol wines is growing, but many UK consumers still liken the use of technology to reduce alcohol content to the creation of "Frankenstein's Monster", according to the head wine buyer for Tesco.
A-B InBev packaging sale closes
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of four metal can and lid packaging plants to Ball Corporation for US$577m.
FEMSA begins beer talks
Fomento Economico Mexicano has confirmed that it is in discussions to "explore opportunities" involving its beer business.
Pernod Ricard has launched a new campaign for its Campo Viejo wine brand in the UK, adding weight to company claims that the Spanish wine brand is not for sale.
While Budweiser lager will be available in stadiums at this summer's FIFA World Cup, SABMiller has secured a deal with the football body to exclusively supply hundreds of thousands of fans at screenin...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has further improved its finances by issuing US$3.25bn in bonds....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is launching a global advertising and social media campaign to support Stella Artois' sponsorship of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review