just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Coca-Cola Co. chief rubbishes fat tax
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. has reiterated his opposition to calls for a tax on CSDs in the US to combat the obesity epidemic.
Diageo in Europe
Diageo has seen no improvement in trading at its European operations since June, a company senior executive said today.
Southern Wine & Spirits, Glazer's deal off
Southern Wine & Spirits of America and Glazer's Distributors have abandoned their proposed distribution venture.
Brown-Forman and NASCAR
Brown-Forman is to end its Jack Daniel's NASCAR sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing's No. 07 team.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine and NASCAR
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has followed Brown-Forman in announcing its withdrawal from NASCAR sponsorship in the US.
Suntory and Orangina Schweppes
The owners of Orangina Schweppes Group have confirmed that they have received an offer for the company from Suntory Holdings.
Blackstone Group is looking at a possible deal to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev's theme parks, according to reports.
Lion Nathan and Budweiser
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia and New Zealand from December, the company announced this week. The deal also provides for local brewing of Budweiser in Australia as sales grow, a statement said.
Carlsberg Vietnam divestment
Carlsberg has confirmed that it plans to divest its stake in Vietnamese state-owned wine and tobacco company Vinataba.
Beam Global and Movember
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has renewed its support of raising money for a prostate cancer charity in the US through its Canadian Club whisky brand
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research