just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Kumala push from Constellation
Constellation Europe has launched a promotion for its South African wine brand Kumala for the UK market.
SABMiller makes purchase move?
SABMiller has declined to comment on a claim that it sought to buy Serengeti Breweries, the Tanzanian brewer now at the centre of a dispute between SABMiller and Diageo.
UK ban on alcohol advertising?
A ban on alcohol advertising, shorter licensing hours, minimum prices and a tax on the industry to fund education on alcohol abuse are four key measures needed to tackle excess drinking in the UK, the British Medical Association (BMA) has said.
Pernod Ricard plans to cut debt "as quickly as possible" in order for it to take part in the next round of wine and spirits industry consolidation, but will reinvest in advertising and promotion in the new fiscal year.
Diageo Scotch jobs latest
Diageo is to press ahead with plans to cut around 10% of its workforce in Scotland, after rejecting an alternative business proposal put forward by ministers and trade unions.
Suntory looks to buy Orangina
The owners of Orangina Schweppes Group have confirmed that talks have opened with Suntory Holdings over a possible purchase transaction.
Get ready for Guinness birthday
Diageo has announced further details of its celebrations to mark 250 years since Arthur Guinness signed the 9,000 year lease on the St James's Gate Brewery in Dublin.
Pernod job cuts in UK
Pernod Ricard has confirmed a "reduction of roles" at its UK unit, with the wine sales and marketing director heading back to his native Australia.
Cognac sales to bounce back?
A slip in Cognac sales in the global economic downturn will not turn into a long-term trend, the head of Courvoisier has told just-drinks.
GM vines feel the brunt
Protestors have destroyed genetically modified grapevines being trialled in eastern France by the country's national research agency.
The CEO of Molson Coors has said that the brewer is on the lookout for "smart" acquisitions....
Wine importer and distributor Winebow has appointed the former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division as its president....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018