just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Scotch whisky boycott in US?
An internet campaign to boycott Scotch whisky and other Scottish products has begun in the US, in anger at the release of Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi.
Foster's FY results
Foster's Group has reported rises in net sales and profits for its fiscal full-year, as the firm's solid beer business helped to offset ongoing difficulties in wine.
Coca-Cola Enterprises suicide
The head of Coca-Cola Enterprises in France has committed suicide, the soft drinks bottler has said.
The long-running discussions between Diageo and United Spirits over a possible stake purchase have collapsed, with Diageo walking away from the table.
Heineken's HY results
Cost savings have helped Heineken to a 20% rise in net profits for the first half of 2009, despite a dip in like-for-like beer sales for the period.
SABMiller is to begin brewing Grolsch in Russia, expanding the lager brand's presence in the country by making it more affordable.
A-B InBev sells to C&C
Diageo FY results
Diageo has warned of a tough 2010 after cost savings helped the drinks giant to hit guidance in its fiscal full-year, despite flat like-for-like sales and a fall in pre-tax profits.
France wine, spirits exports
French wine and spirits exports slid 25% by value in the first half of 2009, trade body Fédération des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux (FEVS) has said.
Corby Distilleries FY results
Corby Distilleries has reported a slip in full-year profits, but was buoyed in the fourth quarter by Absolut Vodka and lower advertising and promotion spend.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
SABMiller and Diageo have agreed to settle a dispute between the two groups' brewing subsidiaries in Tanzania....
FAIR COMPETITION IS THE AMERICAN WAY MERCEDITA, Puerto Rico...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets