just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has launched legal action against UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's, accusing the retailer of breaching copyright on the Pimm's brand.
Russia's relationship with alcohol
Russia's Government appears to be turning up the pressure on drinks firms, with president Dmitry Medvedev reportedly labelling the country's relationship with alcohol as a "national disaster".
Pernod Ricard USA has released a limited edition Kahlúa coffee cream liqueur for the US market.
Australian Vintage's Wine Australia row
Australian Vintage, Australia's second largest vineyard owner, is withholding funds from the country's wine trade body and may end its membership altogether due to disagreement on marketing tactics.
SABMiller Diageo legal decision
SABMiller has secured a temporary court injunction to block Diageo subsidiary East African Breweries Ltd from buying a stake in a rival brewer in Tanzania.
Premium demand in US
The demand for premium beverages in the US is expected to rise in the long-term, according to new research, with a possible easing of pricing pressures.
Diageo's Tamiflu stockpile
Diageo is sourcing enough antiviral medicine Tamiflu for all of its employees worldwide, as it and other drinks firms ready pandemic flu strategies in response to the H1N1 'swine flu' virus.
PepsiCo video-in-print advert
PepsiCo had joined forces with media group CBS to release a print advertisement featuring video technology for its Pepsi Max brand in the US.
New CFO for Cott Corp
Cott Corporation, the private label soft drinks specialist, has appointed Neal Cravens as its new chief financial officer.
Nestlé KitKat vegetable drink launch
Nestlé Japan is to launch a KitKat drink that combines vegetable and fruit juices with chocolate cream, named KitKat 'vegetables galore'.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Mosaiq has appointed "sales representation" for its recently-purchased rum brand, Lemon Hart, in four regions of Canada....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research