just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi and Oxley gin
Bacardi has launched its Oxley ultra premium gin brand in the UK.
Pernod Ricard is to expand the presence of its super premium Beefeater 24 gin in the US, following healthy early sales.
Constellation Brands in Europe and Australia
Constellation Brands has begun a "realignment" process of its European and Australian wine divisions.
Troubled times at Belvedere
French drinks group Belvédère has reported a 19% fall in net sales for the first half of 2009, as the company battles to emerge from bankruptcy protection.
Diageo Scottish bar ban
The two Lebowskis bars in Scotland have banned all Diageo drinks in a protest against the firm's plans to shed jobs and close the Johnnie Walker plant in Kilmarnock.
SABMiller China chairman
SABMiller's China joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, has appointed SABMiller's Asia chief as its new chairman.
PepsiCo and Amacoco
PepsiCo has signed a deal to acquire both divisions of Brazil's largest coconut water company, Amacoco Nordeste and Amacoco Sudeste, for an undisclosed fee.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has warned that it expects greater pressure on operating profits in second half of 2009.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group first-half
Heineken USA president quits
The president and CEO of Heineken USA, Don Blaustein, is to step down following a "difference of opinion" on company strategy.
G&J Greenall has reported a 6% increase in full-year sales turnover....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban