just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
MillerCoors H1 results
There is unlikely to be an upturn on the US beer market for the rest of 2009, according to MillerCoors, adding that it plans to raise beer prices in the autumn.
Molson Coors H1 results
Molson Coors has hailed strong profits growth in the UK in 2009 and said that its business in the country has good prospects, despite a tough beer market.
Whyte & Mackay job losses
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed that it is likely to cut its workforce by almost 15%.
PepsiCo hopes to complete the US$7.8bn buyout of its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group, by the end of the year.
A London High Court hearing has opened on SABMiller's attempt to block Diageo from using its East African Breweries unit to buy a stake in a rival brewer.
Carlsberg H1 results
Carlsberg has sought to calm concerns that Russia's Government is planning to plug a budget deficit by tripling excise tax on beer.
CEDC H1 results
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has warned that vodka volumes in its key market of Russia are not expected to pick up until the final quarter of this year.
Campari H2 results
Campari has seen first half profits boosted by lower spend on advertising and promotion, following a drop in media rates in several key markets.
Kirin Holdings has raised its full-year net earnings guidance by 5%, despite an 82% slide in profits in the first half of 2009.
Price rises on drinks are not the solution to preventing excess drinking by teenagers and young people in the UK, argues just-drinks' student journalist Becky Pile.
Molson Coors' lager brand, Carling, has replaced Greene King's Belhaven as the official beer sponsor of Scottish Rugby....
The son of Vijay Mallya, the billionaire owner of India's UB Group, is to work for the firm's Scotch whisky subsidiary, Whyte & Mackay....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research