just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Penod Ricard and Tia Maria
Pernod Ricard has continued its divestment programme with the sell-off of its Tia Maria coffee liqueur brand to Illva Saronno.
Cott Corp Q2 insight
Cott Corporation has hailed a successful second quarter of 2009, but said it remains cautious for the remainder of this year.
FEMSA Q2 insight
Fomento Económico Mexicano (FEMSA) has said it is optimistic about the rest of 2009, after what it has described as "a very ugly second quarter".
PepsiAmericas Q2 insight
The chairman and CEO of PepsiAmericas, Robert Pohlad, has said that the soft drinks bottler wants to see and end to a takeover dispute with PepsiCo, which is disrupting business.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Q2 insight
Coca-Cola Enterprises has warned of a weakening bottled water market in the US, but hailed strong performances by the Coke Zero, Monster and Glaceau drinks brands in its second quarter.
Australian RTD sales
Australian off-premise spirits sales rose 8% in June compared to the same month a year earlier, led by a 13% surge in sales of RTDs and cider, according to market research firm Neilsen.
Foster's debt facility
Foster's Group has approved a US$500m debt facility, secured thanks to strong support from Asian banks.
United Spirits Q1 results
United Spirits has reported strong rises in sales and profits for its fiscal first quarter and has confirmed its plan to raise a further US$300m to pay down debts.
SABMiller Q1 update
SABMiller has credited the beer markets of Africa and Asia for keeping its volume sales level in its latest quarter.
Carlsberg poaches SABMiller exec
Carlsberg has poached an SABMiller executive to head up its operations in Asia.
When it came to the crunch, Heineken simply wanted FEMSA Cerveza more than SABMiller....
Heineken surprised many observers with the timing and swiftness of its deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza, announced this week. Here's what analysts and other media have been saying about the deal....
Pernod Ricard is looking to boost sales of potato vodka brand Luksusowa in the US after signing a distribution deal with WJ Deutsch & Sons....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research