just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports that it is considering the sale of its Tennent's beer brand in the UK.
Diageo ditching Indian wine?
Diageo has refused to comment on local reports claiming that it is reducing its presence in the Indian wine market.
Coca-Cola Co. H1 results
The Coca-Cola Co has posted a healthy lift in net profits for the first half of this year, despite a dip in sales and operating profits in the period.
PepsiCo H1 results
PepsiCo has reported a drop in net sales and profits for its fiscal first half, but investors have reacted positively after the soft drinks giant reaffirmed full-year guidance.
Spain's Supreme Court is to hear an appeal by Bacardi for the rights to the Havana Club rum trademark in the country.
Diageo Scotland row continues
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has pledged that the drinks group will consider alternatives to its planned job cuts in Scotland, following a meeting with Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond.
KWV chairman calls time
Danie de Wet has resigned as chairman of South African drinks giant KWV, which is in the process of changing its name while unbundling its financial and operational interests.
SABMiller is to build a GBP2m (US$3.3m) global research brewery in the UK city of Nottingham.
AmBev, Anheuser-Busch InBevAmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, may appeal a R$352m (US$185m) fine handed down by Brazil's antitrust authority.
Trade unions in Belgium claimed victory last night as they agreed to end worker blockades of Anheuser-Busch InBev breweries in return for talks with the group on alternatives to its proposed job cuts ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research