just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has followed its formation of a joint venture in Japan with a realignment of its distribution in the country.
Pernod Ricard has said that it is considering making around 20 redundancies at its UK unit.
Bacardi director changes
Bacardi has elected two directorial changes on its board.
Foster's on the turn?
Merrill Lynch analyst David Errington has upgraded his assessment of Foster's Group to "buy" for the first time in four years.
Sunkist US promotion
Sunkist Growers has added a twist to its annual Sunkist Take a Stand programme by encouraging kids in the US to raise money for charity by creating their own lemonade stand.
Diageo job cut row rumbles on
Scotland's government will hold talks with trade unions, councillors and politicians from opposition parties to discuss ways of persuading Diageo not to cut more than 10% of its whisky workforce in the country.
Rosier future for Beam Global?
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has had a positive start to 2009 in its domestic market, with pressure from destocking easing off, the group's US president has told just-drinks.
Molson Coors and minimum pricing in UK
Molson Coors is in favour of setting minimum prices on alcoholic drinks as a way of cutting excess consumption, the company's UK marketing director has told Parliament's Health Select Committee.
Pernod, Absolut in lawsuit row
Pernod Ricard has dismissed a lawsuit in the US claiming it stole the concept for a cocktail-making competition from a charity organisation.
Anadolu Efes to buy up subsidiary
Anadolu Efes has said it plans to buy out all shares that it does not already own in Efes Breweries International for around US$140m in cash.
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year....
Diageo's growth model remains intact and the drinks giant is set for steady growth in 2010, according to one analyst....
Mergers and acquisitions on the UK food and drink sector are set to pick up in 2010 after a collapse in deals in 2009, sector analyst Grant Thornton LLP has predicted....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research