just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiCo and its bottling affiliate, Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG), is to invest US$1bn in Russia over the next three years.
Bacardi CFO retirement
Bacardi has confirmed a change of CFO, its second in less than two years.
EU alcohol meeting
New EU president nation Sweden will this week host a meeting of member state health ministers to discuss the fight against alcohol-related harm in the region.
Beam Global departure
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
Diageo has secured a court injunction against picketers who forced the firm to suspend Guinness production at its St James's Gate brewery in Ireland, as part of a nationwide electricians' strike.
Carlsberg brewery closure
Street protests and violence have forced Carlsberg to close its brewery in Urumqi, the capital city of China's Xinjiang province.
Diageo closure protests
Harriet Harman, a cabinet minister in the UK Government, has backed a growing campaign to persuade Diageo to rethink plans to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland.
C&C Group makes hay
C&C Group is to spend an extra EUR8m (US$11m) to promote its cider brands after good weather lifted the firm's net sales in the first four months of its fiscal year.
SABMiller Europe forecast
SABMiller is unlikely to grow beer sales by volume in Europe this year, compared to previously predicted growth of up to 4%, the brewer's managing director for the region has said.
Diageo rubbishes Britvic talk
Diageo is not looking to acquire Britvic, despite recent press reports, just-drinks understands.
While the economy dominated the news agenda in 2009, the coming year will see renewed pressure on soft drinks companies in areas such as sugar content, advertising and functional ingredients. Ben Coop...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Orange juice futures spiked this week over fears that a cold snap in the US would hit supplies....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands, has appointed its first vice president for whiskey....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group will advertise its Dr Pepper brand for the first time during live coverage of this year's Super Bowl....
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti)....
Suntory Holdings is looking to up its presence in China through an extension of its tie-up with PepsiCo, according to reports....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer