just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Carlsberg brewery sale
Carlsberg has agreed the sale of one of its breweries in Germany.
SABMiller India departure
The head of SABMiller's beer business in India is to leave the group.
Pernod Ricard has announced a series of executive management changes across its business, all effective from 1 July.
Scotch whisky group William Grant & Sons has appointed Diageo executive Ronald Wall as its new chief financial officer for the US and Mexico.
PepsiCo Gatorade appointment
PepsiCo has confirmed a change of senior VP for sports marketing at its Gatorade division.
Diageo Asia Pacific departure
Diageo has provided further details on the recently announced departure of its Asia Pacific head.
Diageo job cuts
Diageo is to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland as part of a restructuring of its operations in the country.
SABMiller and BEE
SABMiller will offer 10% of shares in its South African Breweries subsidiary to black investors, at an estimated cost of US$220m, to improve compliance with the Government's Black Economic Empowerment initiative.
Constellation Q1 results
Constellation Brands has posted a marked fall in net sales and profits for the first quarter of its current fiscal year.
United Spirits stake sale
The private equity firms in talks with United Spirits over a potential stake buy have been named by a local report as Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Blackstone Group and Capital International.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
The soft drinks unit of SABMiller's South African operations has been hit by a strike....
A fire broke out at St James' Gate brewery in Dublin, home to Diageo's Guinness brand, yesterday (21 December)....
MillerCoors, the US brewing venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors, has launched a number of initiatives in support of drunk driving prevention in the country....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018