just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pepsi Bottling Group has rejected a takeover offer from its parent group, PepsiCo, as "grossly inadequate".
Danone withdraws water brand
Danone has confirmed that its Taillefine 'nature' bottled water will be withdrawn from sale in order to conform with EU legislation.
Carlsberg Q1 results
Carlsberg has reported a 1% rise in like-for-like sales in the first quarter of 2009 and has reiterated its full-year sales and profits guidance.
Pernod Ricard is set to announce that Lauren Simkin is the new general manager of its wine and Champagne business in the US, as part of a re-organisation of the division's sales team.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finally confirmed that it will sell its South Korean brewing operations to private equity group Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) & Co.
A-B InBev Q1 results
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported an increase in profits and a 4.7% rise in like-for-like sales for the first quarter of 2009.
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo
PepsiAmericas has followed in the footsteps of fellow drinks bottler Pepsi Bottling Group in rejecting a takeover bid from parent firm PepsiCo.
SABMiller and African breweries
SABMiller will follow up the launch of a brewery in Southern Sudan by opening another three breweries across Africa in 2009, in recognition of the continent's potential as a beer market.
Scotch whisky exports in 2008
Scotch whisky exports rose 8% to a record GBP3bn (US$4.5bn) in 2008, but the industry faces a tougher 2009 amid declines in key established and emerging markets, new Scotch Whisky Association figures show.
UK soft drinks sales in '08
Soft drinks sales grew 1% in value but declined 1.1% in volume in 2008, to stand at GBP13bn (US$19.5bn) and 13,905m litres, the British Soft Drink Association's (BSDA) 2009 UK Soft Drinks Report shows.
There's no doubt what's currently exercising the minds of beverage executives in the US - the threat of a Federal CSD tax. Now that President Obama has said the idea is worth investigating the ante ha...
The Coca-Cola Co reported flat earnings on Tuesday (20 October), with lower-than-expected quarterly revenue hurt by the stronger US dollar. Michelle Russell examines the fallout....
Britvic has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to raise US$150m (GBP91.5m) via a private share placement in the US....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected accusations of gender bias in its executive pay scale, following a lawsuit filed by Anheuser-Busch's ex-communications chief....
PepsiAmericas has posted a fall in third-quarter profits, but declared itself "satisfied" with the performance....
The European Commission has approved PepsiCo's proposed purchases of two of its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts