just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings has agreed to buy up the remaining shares in Australia's Lion Nathan for A$3.3bn.
Cobra Beer chief executive Adrian McKeon has left his position as a sale of the brewer enters its final stages.
Oriental Brewery sale
UK beer sales
UK beer sales have fallen by 8% in the first quarter of 2009, the biggest quarterly fall for more than a decade, according to new industry figures.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has raised its profits guidance for 2009 after reporting a sales rise and a jump in net profits for the first quarter of the year.
Investment bank UBS has downgraded Brown-Forman shares from neutral to sell, saying that it does not expect the drinks firm to strike a deal with Bacardi in the near future.
Diageo is looking to continue to trial its Guinness Red beer brand in the UK, but has no current time-scale for a wider roll-out.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of a 19.9% stake in Chinese brewer Tsingtao to Japan's Asahi for US$667m.
Bernard Magrez wants to shop
French wine magnate Bernard Magrez intends to buy a Bordeaux chateau producing grand cru classé wine within the next two years, with Château Latour one possible option.
Fortune Brands in Q1
Fortune Brands has reported a 93% dive in first quarter net profits, with sales at Beam Global Spirits & Wine down by more than 5%.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The road has come to an end for Lion Nathan, which has officially been swallowed by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
The economic downturn has impacted all consumer spending, and sales of soft drinks are no exception. But ready-to-drink tea is well positioned to be fairly resilient in this environment, due to its na...
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Kirin Holdings has launched phase two of its plan to reach JPY2.5tn (US$27bn) in annual net sales and JPY250bn in operating profits by 2015....
Kirin Holdings intends to close two of its breweries in Japan, as part of the company's plan to cut costs in its domestic beer market....
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi"....
Diageo is set to release a trading statement on its first fiscal quarter at the group's Annual General Meeting on Wednesday (14 October)....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets