just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands retirement
Constellation Brands has announced that the president and CEO of its Constellation Services business, Andy Berk, is to retire.
Pepsico sues Coca-Cola Co.
US drinks giant PepsiCo has filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co. and Energy Brands, accusing them of making false attacks on its Gatorade sports drink.
Diageo has declined to comment on speculation linking the drinks giant to a possible move for Brown-Forman.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Rolling Rock
Anheuser-Busch InBev is eyeing a sale of its Rolling Rock beer brand in the US, according to a report.
Pernod Ricard has reported a 12% drop in like-for-like sales for its third quarter and launched a EUR1bn rights issue in order to help reduce debt.
Diageo Guinness launch
Diageo is to launch a limited edition Guinness for the US market to mark the beer's 250th anniversary.
Champagne figures for 2009 so far
Worldwide Champagne sales fell 34% in volume terms in the first two months of 2009, with EU markets hardest hit, according to regional trade body CIVC (Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne).
Huiyuan Juice Group still on the hunt
Huiyuan Juice Group has reportedly been approached by new potential suitors, after China's Ministry of Commerce blocked Coca-Cola CO's US$2.4bn takeover bid for the firm.
SABMiller FY sales volumes
SABMiller has reported a dip in global beer volumes for its fourth quarter, reflecting the impact of the economic downturn in its markets acrosss Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Australian RTD tax back on the table
A 70% tax hike on ready-to-drink (RTD) alcoholic beverages is to be relaunched by Australia's Government, despite being voted down in the country's Senate last month.
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Crown Imports has rolled-out 24oz can packages for its Corona Extra and Corona Light beers in the US....
The duty-free industry's most important annual trade show, the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition, celebrates its 25th anniversary in Cannes next week. This US$37bn global business has...
The former president of Constellation Brands' Australian wine unit is set to leave the company....
Constellation Europe's Hardys Private Bin...
Diageo has confirmed a shake-up of its executive team in North America, and the appointment of a global chief for its Tequila portfolio....
Diageo has reported a 6% fall in sales for its first fiscal quarter, but the drinks giant maintained profits guidance for the year....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research