just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo to move HQ
Diageo is consolidating its office presence in London, with the proposed closure of its flagship site in the city.
Irish drinks industry to take a hit
Ireland's alcoholic drinks industry has suffered its worst year in more than a quarter of a century and 9,000 jobs are set to be lost in 2009, trade body The Drinks Industry Group of Ireland (DIGI) has warned.
Pernod Ricard has raised doubts about a mandatory origin labelling scheme for the EU drinks sector, because of the global market in sourcing ingredients.
Edrington Group in Asia
The Edrington Group has announced plans to create two separate sales and distribution teams for South Korea and Taiwan, as part of the Scotch whisky firm's role in the reorganisation of the Maxxium venture.
Foster's poaches Pernod Ricard exec
Foster's has appointed Pernod Ricard USA's general manager for wine and Champagne, Stephen Brauer, as its new managing director of Foster's Americas.
Sliding media rates offer industry hope
Diageo GB is taking advantage of plummeting media rates to ramp up support for its spirits brands in 2009.
Whyte & Mackay CEO change
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO.
Downturn hits Constellation Brands
Constellation Brands plans to cut 5% of its global workforce and has trimmed its earnings guidance for 2009 due to worse-than-expected performances for its wine businesses in the UK and Australia.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has failed in its attempt to register the Budweiser name as a protected trademark in the EU.
Corby Distilleries chief heads to Pernod
Pernod Ricard has appointed Corby Distilleries chairman and CEO Con Constandis to head up its China business.
The news this week that Suntory has launched a binding offer to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another sign of the growing international aspirations of Japan's drinks groups. Alongside the mooted merge...
Pernod Ricard has transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region....
Kahlúa Spiced Holiday Nog from Pernod Ricard USA...
Following today's (24 September) news that Suntory Holdings' approach to acquire Orangina Schweppes Group from Lion Capital and The Blackstone Group is a binding offer, we take a look at five facts ab...
Pernod Ricard's US unit is to launch an advertising campaign in the country for its Kahlúa coffee liqueur brand....
A ban on alcoholic drinks promotion on the internet in France remains in force, because a new law to legalise adverts and drinks websites has not been signed off....
Pernod Ricard UK is to launch Jacob's Creek wines in 50cl bottles, after the group's consumer research showed demand is rising for smaller bottle sizes....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets