just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Opposition to minimum price proposal
David Cameron, leader of the UK Conservative Party, has joined prime minister Gordon Brown in opposing minimum pricing for alcoholic drinks.
New chief for Beam Global
Maxxium has detailed the reorganisation of its travel retail wing, ahead of the slimming down of the sales and distribution alliance next month.
AG Barr chairman calls time
The chairman of AG Barr has confirmed his intention to stand down later this year.
Champagne and the economy
A fall in demand for Champagne during the global economic downturn could hand producers a chance to rebuild depleted stocks, the president of Champagne Houses Union has said.
Coca-Cola Co., Huiyuan no-go
The Coca-Cola Co. has seen its bid to buy China's Huiyuan Juice Group turned down by the country's Ministry of Commerce.
Moet Hennessy head for Heineken
Heineken has lined up the head of Moët Hennessy as a board member.
Australia's RTD tax hike
Australia's tax hike on RTDs lays in tatters today (18 March), after a vote on the increase in the country's Senate.
William Grant & Sons has extended its distribution agreement with the owner of vodka brand Stolichnaya, SPI Group.
Vina Concha y Toro has secured a national distribution deal in its home market of Chile with Diageo's unit in the country, according to local reports.
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its portfolio of vodkas in Australia and New Zealand, under a distribution deal with Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Fortune Brands, the owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has said it is on-track to meet full-year earnings target....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has filed a lawsuit against Diageo North America, accusing it of copying the red wax seal used on Maker's Mark Bourbon bottles for Diageo's Jose Cuervo Reserva Tequila....
A slip in Cognac sales in the global economic downturn will not turn into a long-term trend, the head of Courvoisier has told just-drinks....
The head of Pernod Ricard in the UK, Jean-Manuel Spriet, has told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the countr...
Courvoisier, the Cognac business owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has launched its new luxury Cognac, L'Essence de Courvoisier....
Courvoiser Cognac master blender and MD Jean Marc Olivier is to retire after 22 years in the job....
The Edrington Group is to launch a limited edition carton for its Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the run-up to Christmas....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research