just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pernod Ricard has agreed a deal to sell its Bisquit Cognac brand to South Africa's Distell Group for EUR31m, as part of the French group's strategy to dispose of peripheral brands.
Minimum alcohol price in Scotland?
Scotland's government is to push ahead with plans to introduce a mininum price for alcoholic drinks, as part of a range of measures designed to tackle alcohol abuse.
C&C Group quells sale talk
Magners cider owner C&C Group has said that it is not selling its spirits business, following a report by just-drinks this afternoon (2 March).
Diageo's temporary closures
Diageo has confirmed that it will temporarily close one of its facilities in Scotland later this month, as a result of the economic downturn.
Carlsberg is searching for a replacement for Mikael Aro, its senior vice president for Northern Europe, who is to leave the brewer this summer.
Diageo job cuts in NA
Diageo is to cut 150 jobs in North America as part of a cost savings plan in the region.
Anheuser-Busch InBev results
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a fall in net profit for 2008, with slowing global beer sales in the fourth quarter.
Constellation Europe has appointed Foster's EMEA marketing director James Lousada as its senior vice president of marketing and business development.
Corby Distilleries has extended its licence deals with the SPI Group, C&C International in Canada, but is to lose rights to several Beam Global Spirits & Wine brands.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. results
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has seen its full-year profits take a pummelling in 2008, dropping by over a half.
Companies: Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Ricard, Carlsberg, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Distell, Constellation Brands, Foster’s Group Ltd, Corby Distilleries, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Guinness, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Yesterday (2 September), Brown-Forman posted a better-than-expected set of first quarter results. Company CEO, Paul Varga spoke exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, to explain the secret be...
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its ...
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
French spirits group Pernod Ricard will need more than a few headache pills to deal with the tough period ahead. The world's second largest spirits group, behind Diageo, predicted a tough fiscal 2010 ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has announced a changing of the guard in its board of directors....
Pernod Ricard has posted a lift in full-year sales and profits driven by the acquisition of the owner of Absolut vodka, Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of a vice president of spirits marketing at its US unit....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research