just the round-up - The week in drinks
Scroll down to view 10 of the top stories published on just-drinks this week.
SABMiller, CR Snow
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, is to buy three breweries in the country for a total US$110m.
A 70% tax hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages in Australia is on a knife-edge as the government faces widespread rebellion in the country's Senate.
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders notch up the pressure on the government's proposed duty tax rises.
Nestle cut investment in its under-performing bottled water business by more than a quarter last year and is looking to shave off more costs in 2009.
Ketil Eriksen spoke with Michelle Russell about the challenges of his first six months, and those to come.
The agreement by European leaders to top up funds held by the International Monetary Fund should be welcomed by anyone who has an interest in the economies of emerging markets, and particularly Central & Eastern Europe.
Scotch Whiskywhisky distillers, the Scotch Whisky Association has said.
Diageo plans to expand Windhoek beer across Africa after acquiring the global rights to produce and distribute the brand outside of its key South African and Namibian markets.Carlsberg has shrugged off concerns about the economic downturn to launch a limited edition beer worth EUR250 per bottle.
A shift in demand for premium beers in western markets and a cautious second-half outlook has taken some of the shine off a strong first half performance from Anheuser-Busch InBev, writes Michelle Rus...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
Brick Brewing today (20 August) began shipping its new Red Baron Lime to the Canadian market....
Diageo is sourcing enough antiviral medicine Tamiflu for all of its employees worldwide, as it and other drinks firms ready pandemic flu strategies in response to the H1N1 'swine flu' virus....
United Spirits, the Indian spirits giant owned by billionaire Vijay Mallya, is closing on a deal to raise fresh finance from outside investors as part of the firm's deleveraging plan, just-drinks unde...
SABMiller has secured a temporary court injunction to block Diageo subsidiary East African Breweries Ltd from buying a stake in a rival brewer in Tanzania....
SABMiller is set to publish a water use "footprint" for its brewing businesses in Czech Republic and South Africa at a conference on global water supplies in Stockholm this week....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research