just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken subsidiary Scottish & Newcastle UK allowed volumes of Foster's beer to slide in 2008 because the group refused to take part in deep discounting on lager brands by multiple retailers, just-drinks understands.
Magners cider producer C&C Group has announced plans to cut 18% of its workforce in its native Ireland, as the firm's sales continue to struggle.
Dutch brewer Heineken has reported a 74% drop in net profit for 2008, hit by charges relating to lower-than-expected performances across its new beer businesses.
One-off tax gains lifted Carlsberg to a 23% rise in net profit for 2008, but the Danish brewer warned of falling beer sales in 2009.
Foster's has said that it intends to keep its struggling wine business, but will separate its wine and beer divisions and dispose of more than 30 "non-core" vineyards, as well as 37 brands.
PepsiCo, Yazji Group
Gaza soft drinks producer, Yazji Group, has accused Israel of using white phosphorous explosives to destroy its factory during last month's war in the Gaza Strip, and of blocking the import of materials needed to rebuild the plant.
Pernod Ricard, Absolut
Constellation Europe has officially opened its European bottling and warehousing hub in the UK, intended to increase efficiency and cut carbon emissions.
SABMiller CEO Graham Mackay has reiterated that the group is interested in acquisitions, but the brewer has not been as inactive in the last 18 months as some may suppose....
A little over ten years since it divested itself of its major bottling asset, Pepsi Bottling Group, PepsiCo this week sealed a deal that reversed the move - flying in the face of the recent perceived ...
Pernod Ricard USA has today (11 August) launched its off-premise value added pack (VAP) line up for the company's core wine and spirit brands for the next season....
The president and CEO of Heineken USA, Don Blaustein, is to step down following a "difference of opinion" on company strategy....
Pernod Ricard is to launch its latest marketing campaign for Absolut vodka in the UK, named Absolut Rock and including a limited edition bottle....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has distanced itself from discussions regarding the distribution deal it currently has with PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group for its Crush CSD brand in the US....
PepsiCo has signed a deal to acquire both divisions of Brazil's largest coconut water company, Amacoco Nordeste and Amacoco Sudeste, for an undisclosed fee....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future