just the round-up - The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Anheuser-Busch InBev and Labatt USA
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on a report that private equity group KPS Capital Partners is among the frontrunners to buy the brewer's Labatt USA business.
Wray & Nephew and Diageo
Jamaican rum producer Wray & Nephew will not be put up for sale, despite financial troubles currently affecting its owner, CL Financial, according to local reports.
United Spirits Whyte & Mackay sale?
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports claiming that its owner, United Spirits, is considering selling off up to 49% of its stake in the Scotch whisky company.
Absolut advertising first in US
Molson Coors FY results
Canada-based brewer Molson Coors has reported a 22% drop in net income for 2008, thanks to deteriorating beer volumes and an unfavourable currency rate.
Foster's, Moet Hennessy hit by Australian fires
Top Australian wine regions, containing vineyards owned by Foster's and Moet Hennessey, are under threat from wildfires that have been ravaging the state of Victoria since Saturday.
Coca-Cola Enterprises FY results
One-off charges have led Coca-Cola Enterprises to report a net loss of US$4.4bn for 2008, despite a 4% increase in net revenue for the year.
Gallo supplier investigated for fraud
E&J Gallo Winery has expressed surprise at a mass wine fraud investigation launched by officials in the US and France involving one of its suppliers.
Diageo H1 results
Diageo has reported an 18% rise in sales and net profit for its fiscal first half, but cut full-year guidance due to weakened economies in key markets.
Pernod Ricard H1 results
Pernod Ricard has said that it is on course to meet full-year profit guidance, after reporting a 13% rise in net sales and a 5% increase in net profit for its fiscal first half.
This month, Carolyn Panzer took up the position of corporate social responsibility director at Diageo, expanding her former remit as alcohol and responsibility director to cover all areas of Diageo's ...
The last few weeks has seen a large number of companies report their interim results, an opportunity to see whether the performance across a wide range of drinks companies from around the world suppor...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Kirin Holdings has raised its full-year net earnings guidance by 5%, despite an 82% slide in profits in the first half of 2009....
Hansen Natural, owner of the Monster Energy brand, has reported a 25% rise in net profits for the first half of 2009....
Campari has seen first half profits boosted by lower spend on advertising and promotion, following a drop in media rates in several key markets....
The Company of Wine People has dropped Ehrmanns as its distributor in the UK, in favour of Percy Fox & Co....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed that it is likely to cut its workforce by almost 15%....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research